If until now breakfast recipes, pasta with teleme and tomatoes, but also other desserts have been popular, this time here is what caught our attention: Greek yogurt toast, ideal for both adults and children. It’s a quick and healthy breakfast that doesn’t require too many ingredients.
Do not be fooled by the name of the dish, because it is not about spreading the yogurt on the bread, but about preparing it in such a way as to obtain a crust from it. TikTok users mix Greek yogurt with an egg, liquid sweetener, and vanilla or squash extract. Then squeeze the mixture onto the bread with your favorite fruits (most often berries) and put the slices of bread in the airfryer until they brown. Generally, the cooking time is 10 to 12 minutes.
Just by looking at the list of ingredients used, we realize that this is a delicious breakfast full of taste and flavor. Where do you say the nutrient profile is also worth incorporating into a healthy diet? The wholemeal bread and yogurt mix provides a mix of carbohydrates and protein, especially since Greek yogurt contains a higher amount of protein than regular yogurt. Eggs also add protein, iron, zinc, calcium and an antioxidant called lutein. Wholemeal bread also contains fiber, which is necessary for digestion and heart health.
Greek yogurt toast
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 60g Greek yogurt
- 1 or
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, honey or other liquid sweetener (optional)
- vanilla extract (optional)
- cinnamon powder (optional)
- berries, chocolate chips or other favorite topping
- Using the back of the spoon, press down the center of each slice of bread.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, egg, sweetener, vanilla and cinnamon until you get a homogeneous composition.
- Put half of the composition on each slice of bread and the desired filling
- Put the slices of bread in the airfryer for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.